Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 29, 2010

Wanted: sleep

Actually, it hasn't been TOO bad lately...but it could definitely be better. Mit has been going to bed and napping pretty well. These days we can just wrap her up and lay her in bed. She puts herself to sleep. Her sister on the other hand is not napping well lately. She only sleeps in the swing or if you rock her. Once she's asleep she wakes up within minutes when you lay her in her crib. It's tough. Tonight my mom took Mit home for the night so I could work on Bur.

I rocked her. She fell asleep. I laid her down. She woke up. I let her cry, then put the pacifier back in her mouth. I never picked her up. I had to re-wrap her a couple of times because she snuck a hand out. It took about an hour, but she finally fell asleep. I'm pooped.

It's 9pm on a Friday night and I'm headed to bed. At least Bur sleeps all night and probably won't wake until 7-8am. Mit on the other hand goes down easy, but has to eat at least once in the middle of the night and it up about 5:30 am. Yeck. I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! It is SO HARD! But even though it feels like it really won't last forever. Someone said it best when it comes to raising kids (multiples especially) - the years are short but the days are long. SO TRUE! I hope it gets better soon. Sometimes it can go on for quite a while but all you can do is take it one day at a time. When my first two were babies, starting around 6 months I drove them around for naps all the time. They would go right to sleep and at the same time! To me it was worth it and then I would just drive around, talk on the phone, listen to the radio and go grab me a Dr.Pepper!

    ReplyDelete