Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Terrible Two's can't be worse than the terrible 4 months, right?

Four months...how I loathe thee. I know "they" always say once you get used to something it changes. Well ain't that the truth with these girls!

In the beginning, Bur was the super easy baby, just smiles all the time. She'd nap for hours, sleep all night, blah, blah, blah...Fast forward a few months and now she's the hardest one to put to bed. She pretty much doesn't nap at all now. Mit is the easier one. She and Hubby seem to have a routine down during the day while I'm at work. Lately I've been coming home and she's asleep in her crib. Wilbur on the other hand is either barely sleeping swaddled in the swing, or she's wide awake. The.Kid.Doesn't.Sleep. If you rock her to sleep and put her in her crib she's out for maybe 5 minutes - tops! It's really turned into a nightmare. By 4pm she is super crabby, you can't entertain her. I try to get her to nap for a while again, but it's a no-go. Finally she eats again around 6pm and that's it. She's done, zonked...at SIX. Thankfully though, that kid sleeps through the night. She's usually up between 7-9am.

On the other hand, while Kermit may be a better napper, she is not great sleeper at night. I guess I can't really complain that much, since she is sleeping about 5 hours at a time, but she does wake up to eat once or twice. And she WILL NOT sleep past 6:30am. Ever.

Between the two of them lately, Hubby and I are just exhausted. Thankfully, both the grandma's took a girl on Friday night, so we had a good night's sleep finally.

This whole "phase" has lasted a couple of weeks and I'm SO ready for it to be over. Tell me it ends soon, please. PLEASE?

No comments:

Post a Comment