Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 28, 2011

Everything changes.

It is really overwhelming when I think about all the changes we've gone through in the last 14 months. Really since before we were married if you want to go that far back. Six months before we got hitched Hubby was hit by a drunk driver. It took three years of all kinds of treatment before we kind of got our life back. We then went through buying a house, then starting fertility treatments, then Hubby was getting sick pretty often. That all lead up to 2010. On New Year's Eve 2009 we were in the emergency room waiting for him to have emergency surgery to fix a perforation in his intestine. He had to have a follow up surgery 3 months later and then a hernia surgery a few months after that. All the while I'm pregnant with twins. The girls were born just before his final surgery, so that was a crazy time trying to allow him to heal while getting help from the grandma's to take care of the girls. Because of the surgeries and my pregnancy and maternity leave funds were SUPER low. We ended up losing the house to foreclosure. We just moved about a week ago and realized we could not keep our three pooches. I posted an ad on cra.igsl.ist on Saturday night, and by Sunday night two of them were at new homes. This evening the third went to a new home. I feel like I've been such an emotional wreck for so long dealing with all these "issues" I don't know what's it's like to get back to "normal". I know my normal is not the same as it used to be, but I just hope we can idle here for a little while and take a breather before the next curve ball gets thrown at us.

I know this blog isn't about me, but about the girls...so to stay on track...I'm just so thankful the girls are too young to know what's going on and be effected by all the changes. There was a short adjustment period for them when we moved, but they just go with the flow.

They are doing really well. They had their 9 month check-up today. Katie is weighing in at 19lbs and 30" long and in the 67th percentile. Natalie is 17lbs 28" and the 29th percentile. We had no real concerns to talk to the doc about and he seemed happy with their progress. Still no crawlers yet..but the should be any time now. And before you know it, their birthday will be here. Time flies...

No comments:

Post a Comment