Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

First Road Trip

The girls got to experience their first road trip last week..even though it was a mini one. We drove down to Portland to visit a couple of friends I went to a bible school with and to see their kids. The girls did so well on the drive down there. It took about 2 hours to get there and they slept the whole trip. They woke up just as we got off the freeway. They played really well with the other two kids ( a 2 yo and 1.5 yo). Well, as best at they could play. They basically did their own thing and watched the other two play.

I was really nervous about nap time there since I didn't really have a place for them to sleep. I didn't bother bringing the play pen since I knew neither of them would sleep in it. Plus it's kinda big. Natalie actually slept for at least an hour and a half in her car seat. She fell asleep in it about 5 mins after putting her in it. I carried her into a bedroom and she was zonked. Kaitlyn fell asleep on a bed in one of the guest rooms without hardly a fuss. She slept for about an hour. Both of them slept better there they they normally do at home! Go figure!

After nap time they played some more and before we left they ate their dinner and had their jammies on for the ride home. The ride home took longer. The traffic leaving P-town was still bad after 6pm, plus it was raining...plus I forgot I had a headlight out. I was kind of white knuckled the whole trip.

The girls slept most of the way home. They did wake up and were fussy by the time I pulled in the driveway. They ended up having one more bottle and playing a bit before going to bed.

Over all it was a good day trip. It was so nice to catch up (as much as we could with 4 kids running around). I hadn't seen them in years!

I had brought my camera, but never had an opportunity to take any pictures since my hands were full. Here is one my friend took of the girls and her daughter (the 4th kiddo was napping at the time)

1 comment: