Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

1st Restaurant Experience

My mom and I were running errands yesterday and decided to stop for lunch. We just had Natalie with us and it was about time for her to eat as well. I had the (dreamland) thought that we could stop at a restaurant, order food and gab while Natalie ate a bottle and sat playing in her car seat.

Ha! I was totally dreaming!

It may have actually worked if we chose a quieter/calmer restaurant than Appl.ebees. I never realized how loud that place is. With the loud music, clanging dishes people talking it was sensory overload for the poor kid. I barely set her car seat on the floor and she was screaming. She was so upset she wouldn't eat. We managed to order our food and told the waitress we'll need it to go.

I took Natalie back outside and finished feeding her in the car and we took our food back to my place to eat.

Next time, we'll have to make sure it's a little calmer place, and the poor kid isn't tired and starving (bad mommy!).

On a positive note though, the girls got their Christmas dresses and shoes yesterday. Now we're just on the hunt for black tights. Any suggestions on stores?

No comments:

Post a Comment